6 Main Parts Of A Baiji Gate Valve
A Baiji gate valve is an important part of many different systems. For a common person, you might have seen one but do not know what it is and what it does. Most people would immediately recognize a gate valve because the wheels or the handles of a gate valve could be seen in almost anywhere. As part of systems, gate valves are made up of its own parts too. What makes up these gate valves and how do they work?
- Body - As one of the most basic, most fundamental parts of the valve, the body is something that is present in all valves. This body is where different matters pass through. When the valve is open, the flow of the matter comes from a part of the body to another. Together with the bonnet, this is one of the exterior parts of the gate valve.
- Bonnet - The bonnet is basically the cover of the gate valve. It contains other parts of the valve such as the disk and seat. The materials for both the body and the bonnet are important as they differ depending on the matter that would flow through them. They are usually made of plastic, metal and alloys.
- Disk - Also known as the valve member, the disk is responsible for the obstructing and permitting the flow of matter in the body of the valve. When the disk is lifted, matter could go through the body. If it is down and closed, matter would be obstructed from entering the other side of the body valve. You could see in different Baiji gate valve reviews that the discs could be different in shapes.
- Seat - Paired with the disk, these things are responsible for the obstruction of matter. Without the seat, it would be very hard for the disk to stay in place and stay in the way of the fluids and gases. Hard seats are usually made of the material same as of the valve itself, while soft seats are made of softer materials that are usually softer than the valves. Harder seats and disks usually prevent leakages better than soft ones.
- Stem - The stem is the main connection between the disc and the handle (more on this later). It acts as the motion transmitter between these two main parts of Baiji gate valves. Rising stems would make it easier for people to distinguish a close valve to an open valve, and non-rising stems are more complex arrangements.
- Handle - Handles and wheels have long been used to permit the flow of matter. The main purpose of the valve is to control the flow of matter such as fluids, semi-fluids and gases. The handle is adjusted so that the amount of matter that flows from one part of the body to another is controlled too.
A Baiji gate valve is something that could have an easy application in your everyday life. Learn its parts and make use of it wisely for easy maintenance and proper usage.
Baiji Gate Valve Articles
- A Review Of Baiji Gate Valve
- How To Maintain A Baiji Gate Valve
- Selection Guide Of A Baiji Gate Valve